BILL NO. 90
2nd Session, 63rd General Assembly
68 Elizabeth II, 2019
Boxing Authority Act
The Honourable Leo Glavine
Minister of Communities, Culture and Heritage
First Reading: March 1, 2019
Clause 1 removes the requirement for salaries and expenses of the Nova Scotia Boxing Authority to be paid from the General Revenue Fund.Clause 2 confirms the current practice whereby the Authority uses revenue it receives to pay for expenses incurred and payable by the Authority in carrying out the provisions of the Act and regulations. Clause 3 sets out the fiscal year and financial reporting requirements of the Authority. Clause 4 adds to the regulation-making powers of the Governor in Council with respect to books of account, records, audits, budgets and business plans.
1 Subsection 4(3) of Chapter 43 of the Revised Statutes, 1989, the Boxing Authority Act, is repealed.
2 Section 6 of Chapter 43 is repealed and the following Section substituted:
- 6 (1) The Authority shall maintain in its own name one or more accounts in any bank.
(2) The revenue of the Authority from any source must be
(a) retained by the Authority;
(b) deposited in an account established under subsection (1); and
(c) used by the Authority to carry out its objects or to promote safety in combat sport.
3 Section 8 of Chapter 43 is repealed and the following Section substituted:
- 8 (1) The fiscal year of the Authority is from April 1st to March 31st in the following year.
(2) The Authority shall keep such books of account and records in the form and including such content as may be prescribed by the regulations.
(3) The accounts of the Authority must be audited annually as prescribed by the regulations.
(4) The Authority shall prepare and submit to the Minister an annual budget as prescribed by the regulations.
- (aa) prescribing the form and content of the books of account and records to be kept by the authority;
This page and its contents published by the Office of the Legislative Counsel, Nova Scotia House of Assembly, and © 2019 Crown in right of Nova Scotia. Created March 1, 2019. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.