BILL NO. 90
2nd Session, 63rd General Assembly
68 Elizabeth II, 2019
Boxing Authority Act
CHAPTER 11 OF THE ACTS OF 2019
The Honourable Leo Glavine
Minister of Communities, Culture and Heritage
First Reading: March 1, 2019 (LINK TO BILL AS INTRODUCED)
Second Reading: March 5, 2019
Third Reading: March 15, 2019
Royal Assent: April 12, 2019
1 Subsection 4(3) of Chapter 43 of the Revised Statutes, 1989, the Boxing Authority Act, is repealed.
2 Section 6 of Chapter 43 is repealed and the following Section substituted:
- 6 (1) The Authority shall maintain in its own name one or more accounts in any bank.
(2) The revenue of the Authority from any source must be
(a) retained by the Authority;
(b) deposited in an account established under subsection (1); and
(c) used by the Authority to carry out its objects or to promote safety in combat sport.
3 Section 8 of Chapter 43 is repealed and the following Section substituted:
- 8 (1) The fiscal year of the Authority is from April 1st to March 31st in the following year.
(2) The Authority shall keep such books of account and records in the form and including such content as may be prescribed by the regulations.
(3) The accounts of the Authority must be audited annually as prescribed by the regulations.
(4) The Authority shall prepare and submit to the Minister an annual budget as prescribed by the regulations.
- (aa) prescribing the form and content of the books of account and records to be kept by the authority;
This page and its contents published by the Office of the Legislative Counsel, Nova Scotia House of Assembly, and © 2019 Crown in right of Nova Scotia. Created April 12, 2019. Send comments to email@example.com.