BILL NO. 205
1st Session, 64th General Assembly
1 Charles III, 2022
St. Francis Xavier University Act
The Honourable Michelle Thompson
First Reading: October 14, 2022
Second Reading: October 18, 2022
Third Reading: November 9, 2022 (LINK TO BILL AS PASSED)
Clause 1 adds definitions of "Alumni Association" and "St. F. X. University Students' Union" and amends the definition of "Faculty".
Clause 2 sets out the composition of the Board of Governors of the University.
Clause 5 adds the Academic Vice-President and Provost and Vice-President Finance and Administration as signing officers and removes the Secretary as a signing officer.Clause 6 provides that this Act has effect on and after July 1, 2023.
1 Section 2 of Chapter 29 of the Acts of 2014, the St. Francis Xavier University Act, is amended by
- (a) "Alumni Association" means the Alumni Association of St. Francis
Xavier's College incorporated under Chapter 195 of the Acts of 1908, An Act to incorporate The Alumni Association
of St. Francis Xavier's College";
- (e) "Faculty" means the individuals so designated in the by-laws;
- (ja) "St. F. X. University Students' Union" means the Saint Francis Xavier University Students' Union incorporated under the Companies Act;
2 Subsection 7(1) of Chapter 29 is repealed and the following subsection substituted:
- (1) The Board is composed of
3 Section 8 of Chapter 29 is amended by
- (k) make by-laws respecting
4 Section 9 of Chapter 29 is repealed and the following Section substituted:
- 9 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Board shall, in the manner specified by the by-laws, elect officers of the Board to fulfill such roles and duties as may be prescribed by the Board from time to time.
5 Section 17 of Chapter 29 is amended by striking out "Secretary and the Academic Vice-President" in the fourth and fifth lines and substituting "Academic Vice-President and Provost and the Vice-President Finance and Administration".
6 This Act has effect on and after July 1, 2023.
This page and its contents published by the Office of the Legislative Counsel, Nova Scotia House of Assembly, and © 2022 Crown in right of Nova Scotia. Created November 9, 2022. Send comments to email@example.com.