BILL NO. 79
1st Session, 63rd General Assembly
67 Elizabeth II, 2018
Property Valuation Services Corporation Act
The Honourable Derek Mombourquette
Minister of Municipal Affairs
First Reading: March 6, 2018
Second Reading: April 9, 2018
Third Reading: April 13, 2018 (LINK TO BILL AS PASSED)
(g) requires the Corporation, the Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities and the Association of Municipal Administrators of Nova Scotia to enter into a memorandum of understanding respecting a communication framework.
1 Section 14 of Chapter 19 of the Acts of 2006, the Property Valuation Services Corporation Act, is repealed.
- 15 (1) The Board is composed of at least nine and no more than 11 members of whom
(3) There shall be a recruitment and appointment committee composed of representatives from the Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities, the Association of Municipal Administrators and the Corporation in accordance with the by-laws.
(4) The Board members referred to in subsection (1) shall be appointed by the recruitment and appointment committee and the criteria for the appointment of the members must be prescribed in the by-laws.
- 16 (1) Subject to subsection (3), a Board member referred to in subsection 15(1) holds office for a term determined by the recruitment and appointment committee in accordance with the by-laws.
- (4A) For greater certainty, when a Board member appointed pursuant to clause 15(1)(b), ceases to be an elected municipal councillor, that member may continue to hold office for six months or until the member’s replacement has been appointed for the unexpired portion of the term, whichever is earlier.
- (1A) The Corporation, in consultation with the Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities and the Association of Municipal Administrators of Nova Scotia may make by-laws respecting
- (6) The Corporation, the Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities and the Association of Municipal Administrators of Nova Scotia shall enter into a memorandum of understanding respecting a communication and consultation framework.
(7) The memorandum of understanding referred to in subsection (6) must include the duties and responsibilities of the parties for the delivery of quality assessment services by the Corporation to the municipalities and may be amended from time to time, as agreed by the parties.
7 Notwithstanding Section 15 of the Property Valuation Services Corporation Act, the persons referred to in clauses 15(1)(b) to (d) and subsection 15(2) of that Act as it read immediately before the coming into force of this Act continue to serve on the Board of the Corporation until their terms of office expire or until their successors are appointed pursuant to subsection 15(1) of that Act as amended by this Act.
This page and its contents published by the Office of the Legislative Counsel, Nova Scotia House of Assembly, and © 2018 Crown in right of Nova Scotia. Created April 17, 2018. Send comments to email@example.com.