Members Expenses Online – Introduction
Welcome to our Members Expenses Online. Prior to opening the Members Expenses Online PDF document please read through these explanatory comments which may help you read the monthly reports better.
- The reports are based on claims submitted for a specific month. Each month will be posted monthly by the middle of the following month.
- Not all Members submit claims on the same schedule so you may not see all Members’ information each month. Those not showing are by no means late or delayed, and should be reflected in the next online report.
- At the end of each 6 month period we will post a consolidated report for all 6 months.
- The report is alphabetical by Constituency Office or electoral district. For example the first group is Annapolis – Member Expenses. This line will also show the total expenses for the period for that Constituency.
- There are four sections within each Constituency Office: Constituency Expenses, Living Expenses, Franking and Travel, and Other Travel. The total expenses per section will be shown above each section’s details.
- Column Headings are:
- Cost Element = account number charged
- Cost Element Name = account number description
- Quantity = Number of items (e.g. kw hours, larger assets)
- Name: Description of expense which is Vendor name, month or invoice number, product or service.
- Value in RC = Cdn dollar cost, excluding HST
- Posting Date = Date entered in SAP system
- Year = fiscal year
- Supp Code Name = MLA’s Name
- Document Header Text = Summary of Expense Type
- **** The top line shows the total value of all expenses for the period
- If a data entry error is made, you will see a credit reversing the entry and then a correcting entry under the correct MLA or account.
- We welcome feedback as we intend to make improvements over the next few months on the display of the reports. Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.